May 19, 2009

Sony Cybershot DSC-S950 Review

I have many good things to say about this camera, but I would rather start out with the negativity and finish this review on a good note. Let me start off by saying that when I first received my camera the flash bulb was not working at all. This was quite frustrating considering this should not be a problem that is overlooked by the quality control department. Rather, they should have found it to begin with as I doubt it was damaged in the shipping process. However, I was able to get it replaced and was able to keep this one until the new one arrives.
With that said, I am very impressed with the picture quality that this camera is offering. When it came to taking indoor pictures, I decided to test it out by using an automatic shutter mode and taking a picture of a five dollar bill. I made sure that the $5 was totally within the frame. When reviewing the picture, I found that you could actually still read the "United States of America" very clearly. When it came to the outdoors, it did not disappoint either. I used the 4x zoom and took a picture at a long distance of some trees. I found that you could see the trees and details much more clearly in the pictures than I could with my own eyes. Just to clarify, I do not have bad vision either.
There are some other issues that the camera has that I do not like very much. I found that when you are using higher ISO settings your photos will drop in quality very rapidly. In fact, if you are intending on using ISO3200, you may find that the camera will take pictures of worse quality than a cell phone camera.
One other small issue is that the camera does not come with a Carl-Zeiss lens. Almost all of Sony's cameras do and I have used many Sony's in the past that came with one. When I received this one, I just assumed it also had one. It was a pretty big surprise to find out that it didn't come with one. Sure, I could have paid a little bit and got one. However, I could have just put that money towards a camera that was a little bit better quality and received one as well. It just did not make sense that this is one of the few Sony's that did not include such a lens.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this camera to anyone looking to take high quality pictures without having to spend too much for a camera. I am using mine alongside a 8GB Memory Card, this holds roughly 1900 pictures at full resolution. It will also hold about 5.5 hours worth of video which I have been finding more use for here recently.
For more information about this camera please visit http://www.SneakyBuyers.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=John_Halfacre

No comments:

Post a Comment